About the Bowl-a-thon
Last year, our incredible supporters joined us for a fun afternoon of bowling, prizes, pizza and photo ops (complete with tails and ears!), and raised over $40,000 for the cats. This year, for our 16th anniversary we have an ambitious goal to raise $50,000. You can help make it happen!
We’re back in the east end this year at Kennedy Bowl and once again we are taking over the entire alley! Accessible by transit via Line 2 of the Subway (Kennedy Station) and then a short Bus Ride on the 43 to Kennedy and Lawrence. Or you can take the LRT to Lawrence E. station. It’s 6 minute (according to Google) walk from there. Also, there is also lots of free parking.
The Bowl-a-thon is quickly approaching! Have you registered yet?
As a volunteer-powered charity, Toronto Cat Rescue relies entirely on donations from generous individuals like you! The bowl-a-thon is a great way to have fun with friends and raise some much needed funds to help save cats. By joining us, you become a member of our life-saving network of supporters.
Participants will be supplied with a lane, shoes, an event t-shirt, cat tail and ears! (Everyone is asked to wear the t-shirt and cat tail – ears are optional!)
There will be different varieties of veggie and vegan pizza and pop for everyone.
A snack bar is available for participants to purchase other food and drink items themselves.
There will be prizes for individuals and teams based on skill and your fundraising abilities!
TCR is a registered charity. No. 72088 4691 RR0001
Pledges over $20 may receive a tax receipt.
- Every participant must raise a minimum of $100 OR every team must raise a total that is more than $100 per team member (i.e. a team of five would need to raise$500 or more)
- Each team must consist of a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 6 people
- If you register before April 15, you’ll be entered into a door prize on event day!
- Register by May 13 to be guaranteed a team t-shirt!
- Every participant must record his or her own pledges separately on the pledge sheet. Your pledge sheet is only for cash/cheque pledges. Online pledges will be accounted for automatically.
- Participants will be provided with a lane, shoes, a TCR t-shirt, and a cat tail and ears!
- Vegetarian and vegan pizza and beverages will be provided mid-afternoon
- Donations of $20 or more may be issued a tax receipt
- Participants of all ages are welcome!
- The top fundraisers and bowlers will be eligible to win great prizes! Check the website SaveCatsFromTheGutter.com regularly for updates on the latest prizes
Registration deadline is May 11!
Register your team of three to six people by heading to over to our registration page now
Here is some bowling lingo so you can sound like the pros
- The Approach, is the area where bowlers deliver their bowling balls
- The Lane, is the surface the ball rolls on as it makes its way towards the pins
- Gutter Ball, is when your ball enters the gutter and falls off the lane and out of bounds
- A Strike Out, is when you throw three strikes in a row in the 10th frame
- A Split, is when you leave pins standing to both sides of the pin(s) you’ve knocked down on your first ball, making for a harder spare.
- And A Turkey is when score three strikes in a row
Can’t participate? Volunteer instead!
We need volunteers to help on event day with registration, greeting, and set-up. If you are free on May 30, please contact us for more information.