About the Bowl-a-thon
Last year, our incredible supporters joined us for a fun afternoon of bowling, prizes, pizza and photo ops (complete with tails and ears!), and raised over $40,000 for the cats. This year, for our 16th anniversary we have an ambitious goal to raise $50,000. We know given all that’s going on this won’t be easy, but we are aiming high! You can help make it happen!
We are taking it out of the bowling alley and into your home, backyard, cottage or driveway. We hope to bring our community together, have some fun and raise important funds to save cats and kittens!
The Bowl-a-thon is quickly approaching! Have you registered yet?
As a volunteer-powered charity, Toronto Cat Rescue relies entirely on donations from generous individuals like you! The bowl-a-thon is a great way to have fun with friends and raise some much needed funds to help save cats. By joining us, you become a member of our life-saving network of supporters.
Participants will be supplied with an event t-shirt, a participation “thank you” gift and a cat tail and ears!
There will be prizes for individuals and teams based on your fundraising abilities!
TCR is a registered charity. No. 72088 4691 RR0001
Pledges over $20 may receive a tax receipt.
- Every participant must raise a minimum of $25 OR every team or household must raise a total of $50
- A team is 2 or more people
- Register by July 17th to be guaranteed a team t-shirt!
- For this event, we are accepting online pledges only
- Participants will be provided with a TCR t-shirt, participation “thank you” and a cat tail and ears!
- Donations of $20 or more may be issued a tax receipt
- Participants of all ages are welcome!
- The top fundraisers will be eligible to win great prizes!
We will be posting your photos all day, so you can bowl on your own time through out the day!
Registration deadline to guarantee at t-shirt is July 17!
Register your team of three to six people by heading to over to our registration page now
Here is some bowling lingo so you can sound like the pros
- The Approach, is the area where bowlers deliver their bowling balls
- The Lane, is the surface the ball rolls on as it makes its way towards the pins
- Gutter Ball, is when your ball enters the gutter and falls off the lane and out of bounds
- A Strike Out, is when you throw three strikes in a row in the 10th frame
- A Split, is when you leave pins standing to both sides of the pin(s) you’ve knocked down on your first ball, making for a harder spare.
- And A Turkey is when score three strikes in a row